Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Year- first phase

July-
The first day I entered the classroom, nervous to the core and I saw boys sitting on one side and girls on the other. All expectations came tumbling down and I go and sit on the side of the girls, disappointed. After 14 years in a girls' school, I had expected to make some 'guy friends' in college. That was one of the main reasons why I had left an equally good girls'college and had come here.
By the end of our introductory lectures, where we actually had the introduction of each and every student, we were free to go where ever we wanted. By that time I had made friends with Surabhi, Shruti and Monica. We started chatting, talking about our schools and laughing at various things. In the college canteen we made friends with Munish. An easy conversation flowed between all of us.
Deciding to leave, we took a bus from college to the metro station. For some weird reason everybody was having a problem remembering everybody else's name. I could easily tell them their's in an instant, I don't have problems remembering them. Throughout the metro ride we were talking and gathered information about each other, mentally making notes. At Rajiv Chowk we all got down and decided to have lunch at Nirula's and that was our first outing together on our very first day.
Dramatics society auditions:  At around 1:30pm we went to the SBI lawns for the auditions. I was to participate in the production team audition and not acting, so i waited for Surabhi and Munish to get over with theirs, thinking it would be over in maximum two hours. Who knew it would take four and a half hours and I would wait for that long?



 

1 comment:

  1. Dude this is just so good.Thanks is mot thanks enough. It makes me and i am sure the others too feel really really special.Its a wonderful piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete